Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Food, Etc.

A few more practice shots with the camera. Definately, this is what I need for food photography.

I made some pumpkin butter over the weekend. Very good. Very easy.

Practicing getting the foreground in focus and the background fuzzy.

We have a bowl of apples as our centerpiece right now. Very festive for this time of year.

The garden has done, overall, pretty well for it's first year. The beans were the best investment. I've picked about 10 pounds and paid only $1.69 for the seeds. Lots and lots of yellow tomatoes and one called Mr. Stripey.

And there were pictures of other people and things as well.

My stash, which needs some spare time from me to turn it into beautiful things.

Some newly arrived yarn destined for baby hats:

And my current wall board:

Now it's time for school and Michael and I are headed to see the King Tut exhibit this afternoon (and maybe we'll make it to the camera store?!).

6 comments:

Jessica said...

i think your pictures are coming out lovely! it is fun to play with new cameras. it does pay to read the instruction book :) are you looking into a digital slr? great investment, but of course, i am partial.

Heather Anne said...

Beautiful pictures Heather! I hope the oven gets fixed soon - I know what it is like to be without one - no fun at all! I am blessed to have a 'spare' out in the Grammy Flat, but even than, I grumbled when it took so long last summer to get a in one piece range installed in my kitchen!

Lovella ♥ said...

Your pictures are wonderful .. .well done. I love the yarn . .all the appropriate colors .. .wonderful.
Have fun at the exhibit.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I heard the exhibit is fascinating. On the Indy Moody Channel, they talked about the use of dates other than B.C. and A.D. now in the Tut exhibit.

My son told me he has heard of other types of exhibits that have stopped using them, too.

Joel and Stacey said...

Pumpkin butter sounds good, and I'm sure Joel would love it! Do you have a recipe that you could share so I can make some too?
~Stacey

Ruth MacC said...

It's me again!
I saw a wall board like this in a friends home. She is Anerican too. What is it for?