Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving season has kept our hearts filled with gratitude for God's gracious sustaining of Laura through her surgery and back home. We couldn't help but smile each time we saw Laura on Thanksgiving -- she was so happy and cute.

Thanksgiving prep started Tuesday with Christina over for some baking. On the spur of the moment, we decided to make pumpkin ice-cream for snack. It was so good!!!!

Friends invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner. It was so nice not to have to worry about hosting in the midst of everything else.

I did make this tray of appetizers. It's modeled after something I saw in Southern Living. The rosemary roasted pecans were the highlight of the tray.

Happy Laura:
Doesn't this turkey look picture perfect?!

The meal was delicious and included roasted sweet potatoes with cranberries and apples; sauerkraut, watercress and green bean salad (!!), and homemade cranberry sauce.

Enjoying all the work.

Laura getting her Thanksgiving dinner bottle.

Dessert: pumpkin pie, apple pie, cranberry blueberry pie, pecan tarts and chocolate tarts.

The kids ended the evening in a dark room in front of the fire telling scary stories. :)

I've spent the weekend enjoying the fall decorations, realizing that Christmas is just around the corner. The kids and I made a calendar for December with the important things on it. Hopefully we'll be able to keep things fairly simple.

4 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Heather. ..I did take a peek from our cruise ship for just a moment when I bought some internet time. I may not have been visible to you but I was still thinking of Laura. .and praying for her too.
Your thanksgiving looks just wonderful.

southseaislandhome said...

Thanksgiving came at just the perfect time for you, didn't it, with Laura looking so well and happy. That last photo of the children around the fire is beautiful!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

How funny...I know exactly what So.Living mag article you used. It made me wish I had a ton of interesting friends to invite to "drop by" during the holidays so I could enjoy making each of the menus pictured.

Laura looks fantastic in that gorgeous dress!

Ed said...

So nice to see baby Laura back in her home with her family. God has certainly blessed your family. I love you, Dad.