Friday, February 15, 2013

The Tea Trolley: Valentine's Tea

Oh there were lots of delightful tastes of Valentine's teas this week! On Tuesday Emily hosted her second annual Valentine Tea with the same group of ladies from last year. Each made valentines according to her particular creative bent --- everyone's was different and amazing! It is such a treat to receive them and we all oohed and aahed over the ideas everyone had!


The place settings looked so festive and inviting with the pile of valentines waiting.


We had delicious food: chocolate fondue, cheeses, scones, and candy. We drank Arabian Night tea, Diamond Jubilee Tea, and Peach Tea.


As I mentioned, my kids were kind of on their own this year for making valentines. I pretty much had given up hope of them making them for their siblings, but they did not disappoint. They came through just in time with some pretty creative ideas, like this Lord of the Rings card! ha ha ha!!!


Upon returning home from Bible study on Thursday I was greeted by two sets of signs:


Michael and I were informed that we must go on a treasure hunt to find our valentines! The treasure hunt even included rhymed clues!


Then we put on the kettle and sat down to afternoon snack to open the valentines.


And enjoy a few cookies, chocolates, and strawberries.


And now I am satisfied that my kids will be able, in their future homes, to pull off a valentine's celebration! It certainly made our day!

4 comments:

Everydaythings said...

oh that is so sweet of your kids to surprise you like this! you rother tea party wasnt half bad either!! the table looked lovely!

Everydaythings said...

sorry that should read... 'your other' oops typos!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

LOVE the "My Precious" card!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! I do miss the much more inclusive way that Americans celebrate Valentine's day. In Britain, it's just for sweethearts. But my daughter gave her American mother a Valentine!

Thanks for your comments and good thoughts. Things here have been a mad scramble. Do let me know if you think our paths might cross this summer - my email address is on my sidebar. x