Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Tea Trolley

It's been a busy week for the tea trolley! We started off on Monday with a gathering of friends and the celebration of a birthday for one of our friends.

Do you see that cake? I learned a trick from my brother-in-law. A tub of Philadelphia cream cheese (strawberry flavored) whipped up with 1 1/4 cups of heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar makes a most delightful topping to a cake. It is light, nicely flavored, and not too sweet! It also makes a wonderful topping to put on top of scones!!!


The tea trolley gives me a chance to pull out various linens and tea towels I've had hiding in the cupboard. Oh and the tea cozies do look so festive! I must make more!!!


 One night a friend was here for dinner and tea afterward. We sipped Alpine Berry Herbal Tea and picked out a nibble or two from the dessert tray. Of course we accompanied this by knitting and talk of tea and books.


On Saturdays I try to take an hour or an hour and a half to sit down with a pot of tea and some books or magazines for some good old rest! This time in my life is very busy and thanks to the blessing of good health I am able to be very active. But, that leaves little down time and in order to get any I have to put it on my calendar and on my to-do list!!!

See those beautiful pieces of biscotti? Imagine my delight to find them mailed to me from a friend in Scotland who had just been to Venice for a birthday trip and picked them up! Being biscotti, they survived the trip in fine style and made such a delightful addition to my tea tray.


And these are the books and magazines I gathered to sit down with as I enjoyed the tea and biscotti.


Today was yet another day to enjoy tea with friends as we had a shower here to welcome the newest addition to our congregation. I've taken pictures and am saving all the details to post about next week.

I hope you are able to enjoy a cup of something warm and lovely this weekend!

3 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

That trick with the cream cheese is one I have to try. Christopher loves anything strawberry flavored.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen strawberry-flavoured cream cheese but that sounds really good! Your teatime delights look very yummy. And I like the idea of scheduling in an hour and a half to myself on a Saturday. I've been very tired with everything going on here. Last night I slept around the clock, I guess I just needed to catch up. But it would be better to arrange little tea-parties for myself!

I see you're reading Nigel Tranter. I've never read his books - a treat for the future - but some good friends of ours were friends of his and I remember when he died it was a case of national mourning in Scotland.

If you do feel like trying to meet up during your trip, send me an email (the address is on the sidebar of my blog).

Karen Reyburn said...

Oh, yay, I'm so glad they made it okay!!! As you note, being biscotti helps for the long long journey!! They were freshly made in the shop when I bought them, but of course I brought them back from Venice, to Scotland, to the post office, then to you! haha! :) And I think it's funny that I didn't see this post until my friend in Scotland texted me and said "you must be her friend who went to Venice"! Love this world!!