Thursday, December 21, 2017

December 21


Today was a Mom-Rachel day. Rachel's about to head out to Spain on January 3rd and today was the only day we had to shop for her trip, get a haircut, find a few clothing items, etc. So off we went for another day on the road. We were fairly successful in the five and a half ours we were out. Rachel began to fade half way through and I had to convince her that she needed a Starbucks (??!!) to keep going. Sure enough, it helped.

In Zionsville we crashed a mystery lunch at the local tearoom on a mission to get a packet of tea and probably ended up in everyone's home videos as they took turns singing Christmas carols. We also now know where to find local, Indiana-themed gifts, and where not to find them.

We limped into the driveway with a few minutes to devote to my J. R. R. Tolkien lesson plan and a few minutes to throw taco meat on the stove before Michael and I drove away to see Murder on the Orient Express with some friends and the kids went their separate ways for the evening.

And now we come to the weekend of Christmas! It's here! I'm a little overwhelmed by the mountain of food prep yet to be climbed, namely the baking. But there are a few treats of visits with people along the way to help me along. And, I hope, only one more shopping trip to make.

Sleep well!


1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I have a cold so I'm not going to do as much baking as I planned, just a few items to give to my daughter-in-law's family. I'm so glad all the grocery shopping was done, packages sent, local packages wrapped, etc. before the cold hit.

I don't know if it is the timing of Christmas or what but this year it seemed to surprise me that it was THIS WEEKEND. We celebrate Christmas Eve dinner with Christopher and Melissa and on Christmas Day I serve leftovers for the two of us and veg out.