Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Catching Up

I feel like there are SO many things to catch up on posting here on my blog. Here are a few of them:

Emily and her friend, Kelsey, organized an Easter egg hunt for the kids at the beginning of the month. The kids loved it!

One morning we woke up to find Mr. and Mrs. Duck checking out our front yard. I guess they decided to pass, since we haven't seen them since.

I never even got to post about Michael's birthday back at the end of March. The kids and I spent the entire day (minus our outing) in the kitchen. I promised each one they could bake something and it took all day to turn it all out!

Here is the carrot cake that James made:

David chose scones for tea, Rachel made granola and Andrew decided on cookies.

We took a break in the afternoon to go bowling.

Easter Sunday we had the exciting event of six baptisms at church. I think it was a highlight for the entire congregation.
Dying Easter eggs was a colorful event:

Emily arranged flowers for the Easter dinner she made for school friends. The flowers were gorgeous and we enjoyed them all week:

Rachel and Andrew got to spend a day at Eagle Creek Park taking various nature classes with other homeschoolers. They really enjoyed it and just today I heard Andrew in a long conversation all about different kinds of squirrels and how to tell them apart.

Last week Rachel convinced me that she should cook for the day. We planned the menu in advance and she made muffins and yogurt for breakfast, cottage cheese with homemade bread (from the freezer) and fruit for lunch, and pasta salad with peach crisp for dinner.

The pasta salad was delicious and all my picky eaters (who take an hour or more to eat their dinner) gobbled it right up.

Last Friday we had our own little preschool here. Right now I'm finding that I love teaching the 3-5 year old range. They are so much fun to have around! Maybe it helps that I have older kids who can do things on their own, or help me.

Sunday dinner was so good....all recipes will soon appear on TCND, but I can't resist telling you what we had: green rice, cucumber and sugar snap pea salad with mint, and tarragon chicken. The meal finished with rhubarb and strawberry crumble. What a treat!

And today we went to the Indianapolis Museum of Art's gardens to celebrate Christina's birthday. Isn't it beautiful!!!

And the gluten-free cake was way too good:

This picture makes me happy. :)

And now, it's time to put my feet up for a few minutes....

2 comments:

willow said...

What a lovely set of photos. You have been very busy, Michael must have been very impressed by all the birthday baking.

Ruth MacC said...

Lovely lovely photos. This one of the reasons I like visiting your blog Heather. I checked out your church site and listened to one of Michael's sermons. Paul's Vindication 10/25/09. I didn't reaalise he is a pastor! That makes you a pastor's wife... (tough post!)
Now I know why you guys were in Scotland!