Here is the changing table -- the dresser is full of tiny, little pink clothes! Just this week Michael and I found the diaper basket for free. All I had to do was cover the broken handle with a bit of fabric and the wool flower. The lining washed easily and it is just what I wanted!
Here is the crib, which was also "found" for free. I love it! The curtain came with the bed set off of Craig's list and my mom is painting two paintings framed in white -- one for each side of the window.
The crib set I found went perfectly with the lavender-painted walls, but didn't have a quilt. That was fine because the one thing I wanted to make the baby for sure was a quilt. Here is the finished product. It goes along almost perfectly with the bumper and sheet.
Here's the quilt. Rachel and I made up the pattern using the diagram below. Rachel sewed the top together and I quilted it. We found ribbon to match the bumper and sewed that along the edge and then I embroidered a few lines here and there to match the design on the bumper.
Here was our plan:
The fun thing is, Rachel is working on a miniature of the quilt. She's sewn the top and it looks EXACTLY like the big one, just tiny. I need to put it together for her so she can start quilting it.
My sister came today and put lettuce, beets, swiss chard, and radishes in the garden. Now we just need some rain!
Everyday we get a little bit closer to meeting the baby and just a little bit closer to having everything ready for her!