Saturday, November 12, 2011

At the Close of the Week

This tree in our front yard has been mesmerizing me all week! We came back from Oklahoma to find it transformed into this glowing ruby. It's so stark a color that I can't stop looking at it. My new favorite color is gray, but gray combined with either the red of this tree, or the orange of the other trees nearby, or the baby pinks I'm knitting with.

I can't remember if I posted these flowers or not.....I've just cut out 3 dozen more for an order that is due by the end of the month. I must make another trip to Salvation Army soon!!!! I need more sweaters!!! And, I've been sewing up a flock of birds which I can't wait to show you....

This is what I need to stop and do: tea. Life is so busy during the week and Saturday is the day to catch up on housework and plan for the schoolweek ahead. No time for relaxing!

Veteran's Day this past week. I feel as though I will never be able to fully appreciate the depth of sacrifice our soldiers have made for us, past and present.

Pumpkin hat just off the needles. Three of my cousins have had babies this fall. Busy time for the needles.

And now I must get to work on the rest of the to-do list (can't seem to get rid of this underline): cooking, dinner, menu planning, birthday present ordering, hair cutting, cleaning, ironing, typing, Sunday school planning, letter writing, exercising. Yup, I'm thinking this will not all get done today.

3 comments:

Rachel L said...

I agree - that tree is stunning!

Lovella ♥ said...

Beautiful! Love the pumpkin hat too! So cute.

willow said...

What a wonderful tree, I've been admiring the autumn colours in your blog banner too.