Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Thanksgiving Plan

Sitting here at 11 p.m. trying to get all my recipes organized for the Thanksgiving bake-a-thon tomorrow in my very own kitchen. My sister is hosting Thanksgiving (thank you Christina!) but I'm bringing desserts and appetizers. Here's the plan:

By the way, all recipes will be adapted to be gluten-free since 6 out of 13 people present at Thanksgiving are currently gluten-free. Pie crust will be made using this recipe -- my favorite one!

Desserts:

Pear Cranberry Pie I'm going to use the recipe for this crisp and modify it to go into a pie crust. Haven't decided on a streusel topping or pastry top.

Cranberry Blueberry Pie I love this pie and have made it for two Thanksgivings so far. It fits the bill for a berry pie and also makes things festive with the cranberries.

Southern Living's Chocolate Pecan Chess Pie. Oh, I do love Southern Living magazine for recipes, especially their November and December issues.



Southern Living's Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake. Can't decide about the topping -- I'm thinking no caramel sauce on top, but maybe I will put the candied pecans.

Appetizers:


Something along the lines of these baked olives (I'll be adding some garlic).

Cranberry Ginger sauce on top of baked Brie.

Lovella (via Pinterest) pointed me to this perfect veggie tray!!! I can't wait to make it. You can find it here.

Planning to make this sweet potato cranberry streusel, Chicken and Ham Pie (reinvented with turkey), for other meals this holiday.

I hope you are having fun in the kitchen!!!


5 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Smiling here. This confirms my idea that so often when we post something we think of our bloggy friends. I was doing an interview today and the reporter was asking about how my life had changed since blogging. How can you explain to someone how your world has grown and become so rich with relationships both near and far.
I love your menu. ..and wish I could come help you in the kitchen tomorrow. That is as much fun as eating.
That is a very fun veggie platter. .I'm going to pin it myself.
Blessings on you and your family as you Thank God for all his bounty and blessings on your lives.

Niall MacC said...

And we would normally bring along an ice cream cake..... This looks much better Heather :0)
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Niall MacC said...

That last mpost was me, Ruth MacCarthaigh in Ireland! You have my husbands photo instead though :0)

Candice said...

I love the turkey veggie tray! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Indian Fashion said...

Nice plan and colorful food. excellent posting