Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Birds

I've made "a million" felted birds this fall to sell as Christmas ornaments.

They are so sweet, and I enjoy sewing them.

I'm so glad that I love sewing the products that I sell. I get so much joy from them and I think about the person that will end up with them and almost feel like I'm making them a present (except for the fact that they have to pay for it).

This plaid color is my favorite:

I spent about 13 hours in the car sewing while on our OK trip. Most sewing is done while killing two birds with one stone (schooling, driving, listening to something, visiting).

The snow has finally hit. I haven't felt the Christmas spirit yet, but snow falling outside my window and the vintage red wool sweater I'm wearing just might bring it on.

PS: Birds can be found for sale at the Village Yarn Shop in Zionsville. Or, you can special order them directly from me for $4.25/each.

5 comments:

Tammy Froelich said...

Question, where do you sell your birds? I love them.

Thanks,
Tammy

southseaislandhome said...

So sweet Heather! Wish we had snow for Christmas.

Heather L. said...

Hi Tammy -- birds can be bought at Village Yarn Shop in Zionsville or ordered directly from me at $4.25/each.

Jessica said...

love them! i have a few crafty christmas projects in the works. i love cutting up old sweaters.

RitaH said...

Heather, I just visited your blog for the first time - Alexandra S. sent me the link after we visited yesterday. We are recent Midwest transplants and live in Z. We have so much in common! I love to knit and sew with felt but hobbies have been on hiatus lately. Love your birds. I'm itching to make some!