Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pinterest in the Laundry Room

Pinterest is certainly my best friend right now. Perhaps because I am such a visually-oriented person. (Ever notice that my blog is usually more pictures than words :).

This idea, for a lost-sock line, is something I just saw on Pinterest and had to implement as soon as possible. I think it will help me to keep things under control! I normally keep a basket on top of the dryer to hold all single socks. But, I only get around to matching those up every few months. This will force me to match things every time I do the laundry!

The photo above shows that my laundry room is one of the few rooms in the house that never made it past the contractor beige. Wouldn't it be simple to paint? I bet it could look so bright and cheery in there! I should probably look on Pinterest for some ideas.

Part of my problem is that I have so many ideas and I don't have a priority list of what to do first in my home. I think I should make something and put it on paper somewhere (oh, and go over the list with Michael before I get attached to it). And then there is another side to: what things should I just be content with as they are now. Life is never very straight forward.

And here is a picture of the little munchkin, proudly wearing her brother's slippers. Today, as David read his reading lesson, Laura was happy to copycat each word as he read. I think he might have been a bit annoyed......

The sun is out, the mercury is up, and sometime this week I need to get my kids outside on a hike!

3 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I stayed away from Pinterest for awhile until I had so many friends rave about it.

I now have hundreds "pins" (or so it seems at least).

I especially love it for projects I'd love to make and recipes I want to try. I've started "pinning" a recipe instead of bookmarking it (as long as there is a picture).

Stephanie has been getting cakepop and cupcake ideas for the wedding and "pinning" them.

southseaislandhome said...

I will not be showing my Theodore that photo of those slippers as he will beg and beg me for some! Really fun slippers!
I love your sock wall - such a great idea. I notice that I repin a lot of your pins on my pinterest! :o)

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh this made me smile....Pinterest is so visually appealing. I love to just look and sometimes don't even pin...it's like window shopping.
You should get an award to doing something you saw. I love that idea!
Love the slippers too!