Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines.....

The celebration of Valentine's Day is different every year -- depending on opportunities, health, time, and life in general. This year circumstances aligned and there were many celebrations! Here are a few pictures:

I had so much fun collecting ideas on Pinterest. I picked out four different valentines for the kids to make. Rachel got to make candy roses:

Andrew made arrows:

David made these cute pencil valentines,

And James made lollipop butterflies.

Our celebrations included a family dinner after church on Sunday.

Mom always makes sure we have flowers on the table.

And valentines were laid at everyone's place:

There were chocolates gifted by friends:

And candies I found (do you see the peas and carrots candy?):

The sour cherries were the best:

The meal was delicious: roast beef, potatoes, green beans and salad. I had no dried cranberries left for the green beans but found a little bag of frozen red currants in my freezer, picked from our bush this past summer. They were perfect! I can't wait to recreate this dish again.

Sitting around the table is my favorite thing in life I think........

Gluten-free angel food cake with strawberries and cream.

And along matters of the hearts.....Laura had a great report from her cardiologist this morning! She did not even require an echo and can have another appointment in 6-9 months! YAY!

More pictures to come.......

1 comment:

Ruth MacC said...

Well done Laura! Looks lilke yu are still building many happy memories of you and your family.