Tuesday, May 5, 2009

DVD Review -- Read & Share Bible


My latest Thomas Nelson Book Review:

I just finished watching Gwen Ellis’ Read & Share Bible DVD. Aimed at preschoolers, this DVD contains 13 short (3 minute) Bible stories, just perfect for the attention span of a little one.

The animations in this DVD are colorful and simple, keeping a child’s interest while not over-stimulating him. I particularly liked the music chosen for the background as it also had a soothing and calming effect.

The DVD begins with Creation and covers stories such as Adam and Eve, the Flood, Abraham, Isaac and Rebekah, Jacob and Esau, John the Baptist, Christ’s Birth, Christ’s Temptation, Jesus and Children and the Lost Sheep.

Overall I found the condensation of Bible truths and facts to be accurate. There were only one or two sentences where I would have preferred better wording. For those concerned about images of Jesus and the second commandment, three of the thirteen stories contain such images.

I was pleased with this DVD, as were each of my children (ages 3-8). I would recommend this to those looking for a good Bible Story DVD for preschoolers.

No comments: