Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
for His steadfast love endures forever!"
Psalm 118:1
This year I am incredibly thankful for the gift of health that I have been given. For so many years I wondered if I would ever feel well again and now I have enjoyed almost a year of renewed energy and better health than any other time in my adult life.
It is with a very full heart that I give praise and thanksgiving to God for this wonderful blessing, for the privilege of being able to enjoy my children so much more, to be able to pick up my two-year old to no physical detriment, to be able once again to serve my family.
Although health is a wonderful blessing, and something I have been mindful of everyday, it is really the blessing of salvation that I am most thankful for -- of knowing that through Christ's death on the cross and resurrection I have been made right with God.
Those whose souls have been made right with God are able to rejoice and give thanks in any circumstance for we have received the greatest gift of all. Then, despite ill health, struggling finances, or torn relationships it is still possible to rejoice and be glad this Thanksgiving. And even to remember that sometimes trials and distress are hidden gifts and blessings, showered on us to make us more like the King we serve.
This is my prayer that I would continually be grateful for the good health I have been granted, but above all I would continue to be conscious of the priceless gift of salvation that is mine in Christ.
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
GOD, the Lord, is my strength;
Habakkuk 3:17-19

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. . .I rejoice with you on your good health and feel very blessed as you do to have a loving Father.

Heather Anne said...

A very happy Thanksgiving to you! You have indeed been blessed - and I'm so very glad to count you as a sister in Christ Jesus! Have a lovely day with your precious family!