Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 19


Up and into the baking straight away! Beginning with gluten free: sugar cookie dough, gingerbread dough, and pastry. Then onto regular sugar cookie dough. Breakfast of cooked oatmeal and then time to start baking, gluten free first, then regular cookies as well as 4 dozen mince pies (couldn't do without them). Reinforcements arrived at 1 p.m. in the form of a friend to decorate and a friend to chat while I baked. Thus passed the entire afternoon. Dinner from the crockpot with an added neighbor child to eat with us, dishes. A quick chat with a neighbor and upstairs by 8 to start our brand new Arthur Ransome book (Pigeon Post) and get to the knitting!!!

2 comments:

Snowspirit said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about your day but sure wish I could be that neighbour to help test out the yummy baking.

Merry Christmas to you and your family too!
Sharon

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I love how you let the decorations be "less than perfect" but beautiful in their own way. :)

I have to do some baking this weekend and to make candy for Christmas gifts.

It suddenly dawned on me yesterday that our Christmas celebration with Christopher and M. is MONDAY! I don't know how I was thinking Tuesday as I knew they were coming on Christmas Eve.